I've had so many outfit posts that I wanted to do but didn't have time. I finally got some photos today. I broke my camera that I had just fixed but luckily I have a spare one I forgot about. I don't like it as much but it will do in a pinch. I'm looking into getting a better camera. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good model? I will most likely get a used one.
This morning was a bit crazy. I was planning on going thrifting with my sister but couldn't get out of the door right away as the power went out and then Beatrix just fell asleep super early. My poor husband is taking a crazy class this quarter that requires at least 4 hours of homework per day so I'm juggling a little more then usual.
This is the debut of the trousers I found on the dollar rack while on vacation. I haven't gone thrifting since our vacation a month ago! The shirt was found in a giveaway bag on a neighbor's lawn. It was a very stylish neighbor who owns a vintage store who couldn't take all her stuff when she moved to New York. I've had those shoes forever.
The necklaces are from various thrift and vintage shops.
The one good thing that came about from smashing my camera is I found some really cool photos from April of last year. This was our first hike with Beatrix to Feather Falls.
This is one happy puppy. Agnes loves hikes as does the whole family.
I've received my third blog award the other day so I decided to post them all today before I forget. The first two awards are from the very lovely blogger, looking glass vintage.
I pass on the award to starr crow, calivintage, meggstatus, rebecca, delightfully tacky, cats and dogs, leproust vintage, night lights, fade to black, and versicle.
With this award you say 7 things about yourself if you accept the award and I pass it on to lemondrop vintage, kimberellie, curious mel, two styles one city, kelley anne, lucy marmalade, off of broadway, the girl from hk ldn & sf, thrift candy, and make cupcakes not war
My third award is from the wonderful Chloe of make cupcakes not war.
I pass on the award to thrift eye, she got a ticket 2 ride, orphaned apparel, the girl under the stairs, looking glass vintage, simply hope, tyler january, the way i do, song of the exile, q' s day dream, strawberry koi, liebemarlene.
That was quite a long list but I love passing on some blog love to these deserving bloggers. If you want to accept the nomination just pass keep passing it on like I did and please let me know if you do it!
The seven things about myself that you may not know are
1. I lived in Germany for a year as an au pair when I was 18. I love traveling and different cultures.
2. I was a hair stylist for 5 years and have had pretty much every color and style imaginable
3. I love my dog Agnes, so much that I can't even think of eating meat or even dairy because of the cruelty involved in the meat and dairy industry. I also have way fewer health problems and a lot more energy as a result.
4. I think it is obvious that I love vintage and thrifting but you may not know that last year I took a pledge to not buy clothes that may have been made in a sweat shop. It hasn't been easy, but I feel better knowing I am not supporting such a cruel form of modern day slavery. I started this blog just to show people that it is possible to be fashionable and more ethical. I also just adore clothing. Dressing up is so fun!
5. I love music and watching music videos. Pitchfork is an online magazine that has an amazing selection of artistic videos.
6. I love my life. I have an awesome family and I am in school studying what I enjoy. I aim to learn something new everyday. Living in beautiful California is an added bonus.
7. I drink green tea every morning. I save the coffee for when I really need it.
Before I forget here is the apple gallette recipe that was requested a few posts ago. Have a wonderful weekend!