Friday, September 9, 2011

being fashionable is charitable

From New York City to apparently Sacramento, fashions night out. I didn't know about this event until a few hours beforehand.  I managed to convince my friend to tag along and check it out. I never go to fashion events. actually I never go out. I'm a bit of a shut-in except when jet setting across the country. I thought I had so many clothes until trying to get ready for a fashion event as a fashion blogger. Suddenly everything I owned seemed so last year or last century.
shorts: bows and arrows, shoes:thrift town shirt:vintage

This was my second outfit I was going to wear. I was having a bad hair day or something or it just didn't seem dressy enough for a fashion part, even if only in Sac town. My first choice was this top with the shorts. but I liked it a lot after I ripped off the sleeves like this after.
cheap monday jeans: buffalo exchange
I'm convinced (almost) everything looks better sleeveless. I ended up in a dress, a sari restructured.(I am actually pretending I was more fashionable, it isn't actually hemmed but it would looked better shorter with those shoes...oh well)
I was finally ready to hit the pavillions, camera in hand. It isn't the suburbs or anything technically but is is a bit more far from midtown than I like to be... a bit stepfordy. Anyhow I met a few lovely and stylish ladies before the event.
I love the retro feel. pumps, pencil skirt, red lipstick, clutch. oh so sexy.
Kimberly's outfit stood out. It was definitely a favorite of the night. I'm such a sucker for vintage.
This girl was so friendly, I had to take a pic. She is in fashion design school. Loving the pumps and pearls, on the fence abut the bebe dress. It seems to be the popular choice though. I call it the cupcake dress.
It was hard to get any great pics from the runway and it was not very couture but this mad men inspired dress is very classic and beautiful. I found out later the event was to get people to shop so all the styles were worn by normal people, oh well, at least it got me out of the house.
This "model" looked so familiar and then I realized I used to cut, I mean shave his hair back in the good ol' hairstyling days.
sparkly stuff is cool 
cute!
after the show this red dress caught my eye. it is from nordstrom but definitely has a vintage vibe. 
So how is fashion charitable? The event raised a ton of money for the children's hospital. Fashion makes people feel more confident and feel better about themselves which makes them more likely to give to others. Seemingly superficial things have a lot more impact on our behavior than we give them credit for.

5 comments:

  1. love the pics and how it's for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have taken part in some of the FNO events this year - it looks like a lot of fun!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! you are so right and I needed to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all of these pictures! it looks like you [and everyone else] had a great time! glad the event was for a good cause!!

    <3- Vega
    http://vintagecomplex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails