Wednesday, August 4, 2010

You Will Love Each Other


I'm a bit backlogged on posts but I always want to show my most recent work. Today was a great day for California. CA got a bit of it's dignity back after Judge Vaughn Walker overturned Proposition 8.  I had a bit of an unplanned contention with a someone in my life (not my husband, he is so very happy about this)  who disagrees with the judge's decision. I took the photo shoot shortly after and I think the expressions I made in the photos had a little more depth and meaning than usual (you be the judge). I want through a gamut of emotions today, elation, anger, forgiveness, and sadness. Today was just one of those epic days that went by so slowly and I feel as though I'm a stronger and more empathetic person as a result. Sometimes to truly love someone you have to be confrontational.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
shorts: bows and arrows vintage, sandals: thrifted, tank: crimson and clover, dress: thrifted
I totally thought most of these photos were rubbish but I was pleasantly surprised with how quite a few of the them turned out. Goes to show you never can tell- at least from that tiny screen.

14 comments:

  1. We are so happy that prop 8 was overturned. It was a day I felt a little California pride. Thank god for judge Walker.
    Your photos are lovely and the little girl is absolutely adorable.
    XX
    abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are so lovely, the light is amazing!! I love those shorts too, they're such a nice colour!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  3. The news about Prop 8 is fantastic!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    P.S. Hot shorts (and your necklace is fabulous)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for mentioned that. I'm so happy about it--just hope it sticks this time.
    You always look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant mentioning............too early to be typing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your last couple of posts and outfits have been so delectable!! And I was extremely excited to hear about Prop 8, I wish I could have been in San Francisco to celebrate.

    P.S.

    I was so flattered to read and be apart of your Fabulous Five this month and I wanted to let you that I am always very inspired by your style and blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter, anyway, seems to have uncomplicated facial expressions! That's great about Proposition 8 by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your expressions do look different in this shoot, and there is more strength in your expression. The pic of you and B in the tree is my fave. SWEET!

    And yes, yay on Prop h8 being overturned. I can only hope those that opposed gay rights now will change their minds soon and realize that civil rights should not be trampled on by out-moded religious perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got so caught up by your post I forgot to mention that I'm here to humbly present you with a blogger award. You are head-to-toe beauty and style and your passions and politics only make it more so. Cngrats! Come read about it on my page.

    Mad love at ya, kid. xo. -Bella Q
    http://www.thecitizenrosebud.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. your daughter's dress is so cute... you look amazing as well!

    An one more thing - visit my blog in order to collect the award! you definitely deserve it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's the cutest kid I've ever seen, and the cutest skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The color of your shorts are amazing! I love your little lady's dress...adorable!

    I'm always pleasantly surprised out how my photos turn out as well. Looking at the camera screen doesn't do them justice I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Bea's dress, the florals are lovely! Your shorts are also so pretty, the color is stunning! I'm so happy Prop 8 was overturned, I was already so surprised it passed in '08. I guess I thought California was a lot more liberal than it actually is :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these shorts ! Congrats California !

    See U !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails